The aim of this training is to transmit, over a one year period, principles and practices of traditional yoga in order to become an effective community yoga teacher. Participants will develop their own yoga practice and learn how to safely share this experiential knowledge with friends, family and the communities they serve. Participants will acquire a solid foundation of the ancient yoga tradition and yoga philosophy. Changes will be observed on the physical, mental, emotional and energetic levels. Breathing techniques, meditation, chanting and relaxation practices will be developed throughout the training as vital for creating peace and wellbeing.
- Classical yoga postures, breathing techniques, cleansing techniques, relaxation practices (shavasana, yoga nidra) and meditation techniques
- Trauma-informed yoga
- Yogic lifestyle
- Yoga pedagogy
Who is it for?
- Refugees and asylum seekers wishing to share yoga and its mental health benefits with friends, family and the broader community
- Yoga practitioners wishing to work with refugees or other vulnerable communities that would benefit from acquiring yoga skills for wellbeing
- Anyone interested in incorporating yoga into their professional environment: social workers, school teachers, coaches, counsellors, nurses, psychotherapists or other community wellbeing practitioners
- One-year training
- 10 weekends from January 2023 to January 2024
- Daily home practice
- Swami Shaktimurti (Catherine Nelson) is an authentic and highly respected yoga instructor who has been teaching traditional yoga for more than 25 years;
- Katyayani (Kerry Gallagher) integrates in her teaching her training in yoga, psychotherapy and as an art teacher, and has been teaching school teachers and social workers the use of yoga techniques with children.
- £1600 (£170 per weekend if paying in instalments)
- Stipends available for refugees and asylum seekers
- Subsidised lower price for people who want to offer yoga classes to refugees or as community service
Organisers: Tools for Inner Peace in partnership with Europia.
Expressions of interest to email@example.com by: 30 November 2022.